Sunday 4 December 2011

Snow Patrol- Song of the day

Arguably the most succesful Irish band since U2, Snow Patrol have set the charts and critics alight since their major label debut in 2003 with Final Straw. This month they released their sixth album, Fallen Empires. The lead single from the album, Called out in the Dark was released in August, the second single, This Isn't Everything You Are was later released in October. These songs along with various recommendations from friends proved enough to make make me want to buy the album. What I found was an album that we've all come to expect from Snow Patrol, full of euphoric highs and devastating lows. One of these particular lows is New York, where Gary Lightbody confides in us the listener about his lover who has left him behind to go to New York.
"If you were here beside me,
Instead of in New York,
If the curve of you was curved on me,
I would say I loved you
Before I even knew you
Because I loved the simple thought of you"

No comments:

Post a Comment